Saturday, September 11, 2010

New Girl

Good afternoon and welcome to my first post on Pages Lane. I am not new to the blogging world, but I am new(ish) when it comes to home decor/crafting. Before this blog, I would say I LIKED home decor, but didn't think my little apartment was worth decorating too much. However, I read this post by the Nester, and she truly inspired me to create a lovely home. I don't have to wait to be in my dream house. I can make my current house (or should I say tiny apartment) cozy and inviting. I have learned that I can create on a budget too, which is huge for my family. I'll talk more about that later.

So, speaking of family . . . I feel like I've been in a rut since I had my firstborn about 18 months ago. I hope I'm not the only mom that feels that way. Don't judge me for wanting to take a nap instead of taking on a new project. :) A lot of my hobbies were put on hold because:

1 - The little guy was awake and needed me
2 - I was too darn tired to do anything
3 - Once again, I was waiting for my "dream house" before doing anything.

The things I would like to include in this blog are:

1 - Home decor
2 - Sewing
3 - Cooking
4 - Photography
5 - Organizing and Maintaining

That last one is HUGE for me. It's what I wish my home was EVERYDAY. Perhaps you could tell already, but I love lists. I make tons and tons and tons of them, and they end up everywhere - notepads, on the computer, in my journal, in my head. Gosh - do you see that I need some help? Haha. I hope this blog serves as a good learning tool.

Ready to get started with me?

First step - Organize

No comments: