Thursday, January 13, 2011

Refinished Children's Table

For Christmas this year, we gave our toddler an art table. I found this great table and 2 chairs at a yard sale over the summer for $5, planning on painting it while it was still warm outside (we live in an apartment with no garage).
Well, fast-forward to the week before Christmas, and we finally got this baby done. No, it didn't take 6 months to paint it - try 2 days, but I am the world's worst procrastinator and kept putting it off. Anyway, we used my mom-in-law's garage and finished it just in time for Christmas!

The only before shot I took - the replacement top is already in place and we had already sanded it. There was some sun and water damage on the top, but the rest of the table and chairs were in good shape.


AFTER

We sanded and spraypainted the table and chairs, and primed and painted some chalkboard paint on the top.


Its a hit with our son - hopefully it lasts for a while!


I have lots of chalkboard paint left. I wonder what other surfaces I could paint. :)
Linking to:










Photobucket




Photobucket

4 comments:

Лена said...

I love it. I recently learned about chalkboard paint and really want to do something with it. have you seen "the Nate" show? there was an idea to do a chalkboard for notes, something that you put in an entry hall or kitchen. anyways great job on a table.

Anonymous said...

That looks great! I wish I would come across one of those to re-do. I'd love for you to come link up at Fun For Kids Friday.

http://smilemonsters.blogspot.com/2011/01/fun-for-kids-friday.html

Jo @ SmileMonsters

. said...

So cute. I did a similar thing with my kids table in my kitchen. I also painted one of the back rungs on their chair so we could write their name with chalk. My sister gave me an old junky coffee table and I also painted the top of it with chalkboard paint.

Denise @ asprinkleofthis.blogspot.com

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

really cute and practical! I love chalkboard paint, and it lasts forever! :)
gail